It's Official...I'm a Runner

Despite several attempts to put it off, Stuart and I finally attacked our "long" run. We left our warm, comfortable apartment around 5:30 pm, braced ourselves for the mean outdoors and didn't return again until 7:30. We ran about 11 miles all around Suwanee. We are very fortunate to live near the green way. It's one of my new favorite places ever. It's a beautiful, peaceful, hideaway that's closed off from the busy world. If you've ever been to the Boulder Creek, it's very similar to that. Just wonderful. Love it. Makes running much more pleasant...well, that and running with Stu. There's no way I'd be able to do that by myself. About 3/4 of the way through my legs were really starting to hurt. But with Coach Stuart by my side I didn't give in. Slowed down? Yes of course, but I was still running...for 11 miles. Quite an accomplishment if I do say so myself.

That night I went to Gretchen's house for girl's night and had to ice my calves and hip flexors. I was pretty sore. Actually, I still am. Regardless, I got up at the crack of dawn and ran another 6+ miles this morning. I tried to drag Stuart out of bed too but he passed.

Last night we made our video to start raising money for the 30-Hour Famine. We're connecting our half-marathon to the Famine and trying to get people to give $ towards that. I think the video will be great and hopefully we can raise a lot of money! Our goal as a youth group is to reach $20,000. I hope we can make a dent in that. I'll post the video here soon.

Post a Comment