Less Than a Month To Go!

That's right. This past Sunday marked the one-month-to-go-oh-crap! date. We celebrated by running a 10K outside at the Suwanee Greenway. It was a beautiful day. BEAUTIFUL. We've been waiting for that warm sunshine for a long time. We ran 6.2+ miles together and it felt great. The next day, however I was feelin it. Apparently running on a flat treadmill means running on a flat treadmill. The slightest inclines and obstacles can have a huge impact on the novice runner. I was a little sore but I persevered through the rest of the week. Monday was another day with Jillian Michaels and her 30-day shred. Tuesday was a rest day and I soaked that in. Wednesday was another hour-long run. And today was the shred again. For some reason my lower back feels like it has a little tweak in it. Not very good. I hope it gets better by tomorrow because we have another 60 minutes to destroy.

I honestly never thought I'd be able to say that I could run 6 miles...much less 13! It is really amazing how your body adapts. Or maybe it has more to do with your mindset. I stopped telling myself "I could never do that". I just got off my butt and did it! The first part of the run is always the hardest. Once I clear the 30-minute-mark it gets much easier. Some days the end is hard when I'm just counting down the minutes, but I just literally have to coach myself through it. YOU CAN DO IT. DON'T GIVE UP. DON'T GIVE UP. KEEP GOING. IT'S NOT GOING TO KILL YOU. DON'T GIVE UP!

It will be exciting to run through the city with my hubby by my side. I love to run with him. Lately we haven't been able to because of our schedules. I typically try to get up before 7 and work out. Some days he's just not really into that, plus he favors running outside more than me. I miss him when he's not dying on his treadmill right along with me. Sunday's run with Stuart was great. Quality time. It definitely would not have been as enjoyable without him. Plus, we got some great use out of our new sportbands! This week has been a good week in our relationship (just FYI). Lots of spending time together, laughing, watching the Olympics, and good spirits overall. Yay! I love my husband.

Post a Comment