So much for keeping this updated!

Sorry for those of you waiting around for me to update this wonderful space. Work has actually been very busy which in turn has caused me to actually start working.
Anyway, back to the running. About a week ago I did my first "speed workout". Stuart informed me that it's not just for the sake of being able to run faster (which I have no interest in), but to improve lung capacity. So I did a 10-minute warm up, then ran faster than I knew possible for TEN whole minutes, slow for 5, fast again for ten, and then a much needed 10-minute cool down. WHOA. The next three days, it was my quad's turn to be angry with me. I can't remember the last time I was that sore. Plus, we had a middle school retreat this past weekend and I dominated the 6th grade girls in dodge ball. So my right arm was out of commission as well. Ouch.

Sunday was a big day too. We both ran 10K. It wasn't the fastest time, but at least we did it. Check that one off the list. Yesterday was another speed work out. 10-minute warm up and cool down and in between I did 6 minutes fast, 2 minutes slow for a total of 4 times. I was not in the mood to run, but I had to do it anyway.
The workouts are getting more intense this month. And next month is our race! We should start raising money for our Run-for-a-Change Campaign pretty soon. The 30-Hour Famine is the day before our race and our goal is to have people pledge money for our half-marathon that will all go towards the Famine. Our goal as a youth group is to raise $20,000 this year. It's awesome to be part of that.

This weekend my parents come and we have stuart's green card party! woop!!

Post a Comment