Training Pays Off

Yesterday was another momentous day, momentous run. We were on a staff retreat with everyone from Student Life staff at church. It was a lot of fun playing board games, eating great food, and lounging around all day. Well, except for yesterday morning. Jake, Stuart and I ran for an hour straight! The last time that happened was the Bolder-Boulder about 6 years ago. The best part was that we made it and felt great afterward. It was the first outdoor run since we started training and today I'm feeling the effect of those large hills on my legs. A little more sore than usual, but hey, no pain=no gain right? I'm not sure if I would have done it on my own, but together we dominated that run. It was perfect weather as well which made it all the better. Today we have cross training on the schedule. That means we are supposed to do anything except run as a workout. I might do the 30-day Shred like I used to do or my dad is always suggesting that I do some cycling to strengthen my knee. We'll see.

In case you're wondering about my life outside of training for a half-marathon:
-- Next week (Monday) Stuart and I have our "Adjustment of Status" Immigration Interview. This is (hopefully) our final step in getting Stuart his green card. Please pray for that interview at 9:30 am EST. Neither us nor our lawyer has reason to believe that anything should go wrong. But in the end it's up to the government worker, and can sometimes depend on which side of the bed he/she wakes up on! Hopefully all will go well and Stu will leave there as a legal resident. I'll be sure to blog the outcome of next Monday's meeting. In the mean time...time to go workout.

stuart (January 19, 2010 at 10:35 PM)  

indeed time to go work out. i'm looking forward to a good one in the morning

Post a Comment