For my husband...

Ok so I said that I would only be blogging about "momentous events" in my life from now on, but Stuart persuaded me to blog today. Apparently our 25 minute run was a big deal. Actually anytime we get out of bed before 7 to work out is a very big deal. We will need to start making this a habit. Stuart literally pushed me out of bed this morning (and then laid there for 5 more minutes until I blinded him by turning on all the lights...no mercy). We finally got to the gym and successfully ran for 25 minutes. We did a "hilly" course on the treadmill. A bit more of a challenge. I listened to "Money Girl" podcast and learned about saving for tuition and avoiding employment scams. Neither scenarios really apply to me, but it passed the time. It feels good to have that taken care of today.

Another thing worth mentioning is that I've dusted off my Bible and started reading again. In the past couple of weeks God has spoken to me through other people by using the phrase "pressing in". I've been in a rut in my personal relationship with God and can't quite figure out what it is, and what it will take to get out...but this phrase keeps finding its way to my ears. PRESS IN TO THE LORD. Seek Him with all that you have. Don't give up until you do. It's more than just reading my Bible for 10 minutes and asking God to bless me and my family. It's reading with intent. Apply it to my life. His Word holds the key and the answer to everything I need. It's the most valuable thing we have here. DIG! What does He have in store for me?? I'm speaking at youth group in a couple of weeks and have decided that now is a great time to embark on this journey. I'm starting in Ephesians. We'll see how it goes and where it leads me...It, like running, will be a challenge for me. Discipline. Focus. Reptition. I pray that God will meet me there and reveal what He has for me. May I become more like Him and may He use me to the best of my ability.

Post a Comment