on my way to costa rica!

Okay, I finally got a few minutes to sit down and update you on my crazy life!

We arrived home from Cincinnati last Friday. I spent the whole week with 40 middle schoolers doing all kinds of ministry stuff. Our group mainly worked in local thrift stores. There is a great organization called St. Vincent de Paul and it has thrift stores all over Cincinnati as well as a food pantry and pharmacy that we helped in. I always love middle school trips. It is so fun to see how they grow and how their eyes are opened the world they live in.

The day after we got back, Elise (youngest/tallest sister) flew out to visit! We have been having a wonderful time together all week. It’s always a good time with two or more Omi’s. Actually, I’ve been waiting for a long time for her to come see me here so it’s been lots of fun. Pretty much all we do is laugh, just ask Stuart.

My mom drove out to Mississippi about two weeks ago to visit her family. She, her dad, and my cousin all drove here yesterday to join all of us for a Braves game. Now we’re all visiting my uncle near Macon, GA. To make matters a little crazier my dad is flying into Atlanta tonight. Actually, last time I talked to him he was sitting on his plane in Denver for 2 hours just waiting to take off. We’ll see if he makes it here by morning. To sum up the Omi Adventures they’re all driving back to Denver together in a couple of days.

As for me, I leave for our Costa Rica mission trip on Friday. We’ll be there from July 4th-14th. Stuart will be there two days longer because (you guessed it) his visa issues. BIG prayer request for him: he has to meet with Consulate in Costa Rica to get his student status confirmed. Please pray for his traveling plans as he has to go from the north down south to San Jose; also that he finds a place to stay while he’s in San Jose; finally pray for the Consulate he meets with is a friendly, compassionate, easy-going guy that gives Stuart the visa he needs….and allows him to come back to the US. J Kind of a big deal.

I’ll keep you posted on that.

The day after I get home from Costa Rica I fly back to Denver (yippee!) for Luke’s wedding. Assuming that everything goes according to plan, Stuart will join me a few days later. We fly back from CO on Saturday and Sunday we leave for wilderness camp. (WHEW!)

If you didn’t catch that all, here’s SparkNotes version for you:

Now: Spending time with my family (minus Dana and Kylie) in Georgia

July 4: I fly to Costa Rica (please pray for safe travel)

July 5: Dad, Mom, Elise drive back to CO (please pray for safe travel)

July 14: Fly back from CR without Stu. (please pray for safe travel)

July 15: I fly to Denver (please pray for safe travel)…you get the point

July 15: STUART’S APPOINTMENT W/CONSULATE for VISA at 7AM

July 16: Stuart back to ATL

July 17: Stuart flies to Denver for wedding

July 19: We both fly back to Atlanta

July 20: Leave for Wilderness Camp

Thanks again for your prayers and updates! Sending you my love!!!

Paige

PS: for those of you wondering about Ryan Nelson wondering how he’s doing, he just got back from 2 weeks in Peru. He said he had a good time as they traveled all over the Amazon. All the kids here love him and can’t wait to spend more time with him. I’m pretty sure the next trip on his agenda is camp for the upcoming sixth graders. That is the same week we’re at Wilderness Camp. He went to the braves game with us last night and it was fun cheering on the Rockies together. (Braves lost, Rockies won…yeah rocks).

Post a Comment